Thursday, April 30, 2015

Review | CoverGirl | The Super Sizer & Intensify Me! Liquid Eye Liner



Hey ladies!

I am so very pleased to say that CoverGirl found me to be special enough to send their newest products to try and review! How awesome is that? CoverGirl was one of the first companies I tried when I first started wearing makeup, and it was all that I used for quite a while until my makeup interests began to grow. However, CoverGirl has always remained close to my heart. CoverGirl's TruBlend Mineral Loose Powder was, still, and will always be one of my favorite powders.





"The Super Sizer by LashBlast Mascara gives you 400% more corner-to-corner volume for full, fanned out lashes. Our amazing Lash Styler transforms even small lashes— just twirl as you apply it to your lashes for an instantly Super Sized lash look. Opthalmologically tested, suitable for those who wear contact lenses."

$6.85 on the CoverGirl website


Ladies, you know that I am a mascara FREAK. I will always say that because it will always be true. There is nothing that completes a look more than long and voluminous lashes!

In true CoverGirl fashion, the mascara packaging is bright, vibrant, and eye-catching. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors, so that was a major plus for me. The wand is a little new to me since I'm used to a much fatter brush. It's skinny, and the bristles are plastic and separated.

When I applied the mascara, I applied it as I normally do-wiggle and pull up. I noticed instantly how much length I gained. It was amazing with just one coat. The formula isn't too wet, so I didn't have to worry about it getting on my lids. For my second coat, I twirled the wand as the directions stated and viola, volume and length. All you need are two coats and you are set!

I am completely in love with this mascara. The only thing I wish is for a little bit more volume. If the brush could help separate the lashes more, we'd definitely have a winner! The length that it gives me is incomparable, though!

"Get the control of a pencil with the intensity of a liquid eyeliner for beautifully defined eyes every time. Our all-new paddle-shaped tip gives you two looks in one—thick and dramatic or thin and elegant. The intense black formula glides on smoothly and dries quickly for instant drama. Clinically tested, suitable for sensitive eyes."

$8.00 on the CoverGirl website


I must admit that the tip of this eyeliner was...off-putting. I was completely turned off by it. I asked myself, "How in the world am I supposed to create any kind of wing or thin line with this thing?" Nonetheless, I gave it a try anyway. 

Let me tell you, ladies. Not only could I create a thin to thick line from my inner corner to my outer to create a wing, but the pigmentation is amazing! I didn't have to press down on my lash line to get the product out. All I had to was place the liner on my lid and glide it across. 

To be honest, the last time I tried a CoverGirl felt tip eyeliner, I hated it. The pigmentation was there, but I couldn't build on top of it without the line flaking off. Worst part? It dried out within a few days of buying it. No, thanks! Luckily, this is NOT the case with this eyeliner.

The Final Verdict?
I was able to fully test both products for an entire day (8:30 AM-11 PM) and they both held up incredibly well. No smudges, no flaking, and no brittle lashes. I will say that my wing smudged a little today because I was crying a little bit (happy tears, though!). My lashes don't feel dried out and my eyeliner has stayed in place, all day!
I am in love with this mascara and eyeliner, and you will be too!
Calling all CoverGirl fanatics:
Hop on this new mascara and eyeliner!

Stay tuned for a look I created with both of these products...
Best part? The entire look was done with ALL drugstore makeup! :)


What do you think?
What are your favorite CoverGirl products?


xoxo,

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink