Saturday, March 21, 2015

Review | Linden Leaves New Zealand Skincare | Miraculous Facial Oil




Hey, loves. I'm back with another skin care review. This review is for the New Zealand-based all-natural, cruelty-free skin care line called, Linden Leaves. Linden Leaves was kind enough to send me a few items to test and give my honest opinion about each of the products they sent. First, a little bit about Linden Leaves from their website:

"Linden Leaves was founded by Brigit Blair in 1995 in Christchurch, New Zealand to help care for two of her children who suffered severe eczema and allergies.
Devoted to effective, natural products created from the best quality ingredients, Brigit’s vision for Linden Leaves has always been focused on beautiful, gentle products to nourish the skin and soothe the soul.
Linden Leaves products are all made with care and attention to detail in New Zealand by our committed team. All Linden Leaves products are animal cruelty free and developed in accordance with our sustainable and ethical business policies.
We strive to offer every day luxury skincare and lifestyle products that help make the simple moments in each day a delight."






Elegantly blended natural ingredients to give your skin the ultimate indulgent facial, revealing instant hydration, smoothness and brightness.

High in anti-oxidants to protect the skin and help minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Benefits:
Organic white tea to protect and effectively aid skin regeneration.
Tonka bean to soften and brighten the skin.
Organic rosehip oil to help minimise visible signs of ageing.
Organic evening primrose oil for its effective healing properties.

-Linden Leaves

The second product that I received for review is the Miraculous Facial Oil. Click here for my first product review from Linden Leaves. It is infused with organic white tea and organic rosehip oil. This oil is suited for very dry, patchy skin. Which was perfect for me this winter. By far, this winter has been the worst on my skin. I've been dry, flaky, and patchy all winter long. I have been desperate trying different products like GlamGlow, Queen Helene Facial Masks, Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream, and different body lotions. Unfortunately, my face just soaks it right up! The only thing that's truly kept my skin feel moisturized is this oil.

As I described in my last review, the packaging is simple, clean, and pretty. All of Linden Leaves' products are 100% natural, right down to the box your product comes in. Being that I am on a journey to eating better and becoming more active, knowing that I am using such a clean and natural product makes me happy! 

How to apply: The directions say to apply a few drops in the palm of your hand and massage into the face and neck. 

I have applied the oil in the morning and at night, and I find that it works best for me at night. If I use it during the day, the oil does not absorb into my skin fast enough so I tend to look a little greasy. Not a good look. It doesn't have much of a smell, though. So, you won't smell like a flower when you apply it. When I cleanse and exfoliate, I tend have dry and flakiness around my mouth and forehead afterwards. I apply a few drops on my hand with my body lotion (Eucerin Daily Replenishing Moisturizing Lotion), rub them together to mix, and apply the mixture to my face. The next morning, my face feels smooth and soft.

The Miraculous Facial Oil is $64.99 for 0.85 fl oz. on the Linden Leaves website. Considering the price for other facial oils ranging from $9 - $260 on Sephora.com, I think that this facial oil comes at a decent price. By using only 2-3 drops, if that, at a time, the oil will last for months-with the added bonus of the oil being 100% natural and cruelty-free.

If you're interested in this product, check out Linden Leaves' website to purchase. 
Keep an eye out for more reviews on the products from Linden Leaves!

Talk to you soon!
xo

Linden Leaves Social Media