Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Review | Sally Hansen® Miracle Gel™

Hey loves!

I was lucky enough to receive the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Color and Top Coat in 330 | Redgy, complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster this month! As soon as I was able to sit down, I began playing with it. I was so excited to read about a non-UV/LED light gel nail color and top coat system. I can tell you that I was skeptical at first. I mean, really, a non-UV/LED Gel nail system that lasts up to 14 days? Hmmmm...we'll see about that.

I received the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Color and Top Coat in 330 | Redgy, complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster



A Few Fun Facts
Technology: 
Patented & exclusive gel color system. 
Natural-light-curing technology.

Benefits:
No UV/LED light needed
2 simple steps
Increased wear & durability over time
Easy, soak free removal

Results: 
Up to 14 days of color & shine.

When I first opened the package, I read the directions very carefully. I just figured that there had to be something special that I had to do to make this work. Much to my surprise, the directions simply stated:
"Apply 2 coats of Miracle Gel Color. 
Activate curing with Miracle Gel Top Coat. 
Let natural light do the rest."

Seriously, girls. It was that easy!

And when you're ready to take it off, regular nail polish remover is all you need!

The brush was reminiscent of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail polish, along with the pigmentation of the polish. Although the directions stated to apply two coats of the gel color, it was completely opaque after one coat. However, I was a good listener and applied my two coats. Let me tell you, the texture is creamy and it didn't streak.

I waited a little while before applying the top coat so that the color could dry a little. Once I thought it was dry enough, I applied the top coat. The top coat brush was also like Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri nail polish.

When it was fully dry, (which took about 5 minutes) I couldn't believe how great my nails looked!! I mean seriously, it looked like I just got myself a gel mani! Let me tell you, I normally hate doing my own nails because it's normally a disaster and a pain in the butt to clean up. But I fell in love with my fingers after using this product! Oh yeah, Mr. Man happened to love it as well. I got plenty of compliments on my nails when he first saw them. ;-)

Take a look and tell me what you think!

Now ladies, I must be honest here when I say that this polish (just like any other polish) WILL chip on you. I know, I know... Good things never last. I've had this polish on my nails for about 11 days now, and the polish has indeed chipped and rubbed off. However, it has only rubbed off on the finger I use the most - my index. After fumbling through papers all day at work, I can see traces of my nail polish on the papers sometimes. Haha.

11 Days After Application
What do you think?
Left Hand
 Right Hand
I don't think that's too bad. Do you? 

Overall girls, I think that Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel system is pretty much a winner for me! The application was super easy and the formula was definitely Sally Hansen-worthy. 

If you're interested in getting Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel, click here for the list of stores to find it! You can purchase the Gel Color and Top Coat separately for about $9.99 each, or as a set for $14.99 at Ulta.

Have you tried Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel yet?
Comment below and let me know your thoughts!
Interested in being an Influenster to get awesome products to try? 
Click here!

Talk to you soon, girls!

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink