Monday, January 20, 2014

Review | Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad

There's no worse let down than bringing home a brand spankin' new eyeshadow palette and as soon as you swatch it, the colors are almost translucent. WOMP. I love when I can swatch eyeshadow and the colors are as true as they are on the palette when transferred on to my skin. This is why I wanted to share Avon's new and improved True Color Eyeshadow formula!

According to Avon's website:

"Reveal your most alluring eyes with NEW True Color Eyeshadow. Our quads are numbered so getting those fabulous eye looks are as easy as 1,2,3...4! 

With True Color Technology:
The rich color you see in the compact is the same color you get on your eyes. 
Rich, vibrant color with crease-proof wear
Color saturated shades designed for every skin tone
Numbered shades for our easiest expert eye looks ever!

Exquisite stay-true coordinated shades make every eye-look effortless."

From Left to Right: Purple Pop & Glow Teal
$7.00/each

Although there are 14 different shades to choose from, I wanted to try some pops of color that would look gorgeous on brown eyes! How beautiful are these quads? As you can see, they are all numbered from 1 to 4 and on the back of the quads, they show you where to apply each color. They also come with a large mirror and a dual-ended sponge applicator. I didn't think that I would end up using the sponge applicator, but I actually did throughout the day for touch-ups.


Upon swatching, the shadows feel soft but packed tightly in to the pan. I was amazed at how much they stayed to their true color. The quality of the shadows aren't as soft and velvety as, say, the Lorac Pro Palette or Urban Decay's Naked shadows. However, the True Color shadows are soft enough to glide your brush across to pick up the color. I have pictures below of swatches without primer, with and without the camera flash. 

With Flash

Without Flash

However, the staying power of these shadows are not that long so you will need a primer. I also noticed some creasing after just 45 minutes without primer. When I created the looks you will see below, I chose not to use any primer to show the true color technology at work. I also decided not to follow the steps on the back of the packaging either. I wanted to create my own look. :) 

Purple Pop without Primer & Flash

Glow Teal Without Primer & Flash


So, let's sum up the pro's and con's of the quads:

Pros:
- Price ($7.00/each)
- True Color Technology
- Easy Step-by-Step Application
- Large Mirror
- Shadows are Easy to Work With
- 14 Shade Choices

Purple Pop

689-540

Steel Blues

689-722

Berry Love

689-737
Urban Skyline

689-741

Emerald Cut

689-794

Mod Muse

689-942

Glow Teal

690-005

Stone Taupes

690-445

Chocolate Sensation

695-231

Romantic Mauves

697-268

Mocha Latte

697-287

Purple Haze

697-306

Vibrant Spice

697-382

Metal Eyes

699-294

Cons:
- Staying Power (Fading Shortly After Application without Primer)
- Isn't as Velvety as Higher-End Shadows
- Some Fallout during Application

If you are interested in getting more information or placing an order for these, contact me on Facebook, Twitter, Email or Google+. Also, if you want me to create a full look with these shadows, just click the +1 button and comment below! 

Well ladies...
Until we talk again...